Friday, June 14, 2013

But the filing cabinet really tied the room together, man!

When I moved out of my classroom I expected to feel that pang of emptiness and tangible closure.
I expected to feel in awe that the end to this chapter of my teaching life was really happening.
I did not expect to feel anger and disbelief that someone stole my filing cabinet.
I know, right?
A filing cabinet!
But it wasn't just any ole filing cabinet.
No, no, no.
This filing cabinet really tied the room together, man.
It tied it together because it was MINE!!!
I had 2 in my room--one was the schools and one was MINE.
When I went to move out the last of my stuff, I immediately noticed that MY filing cabinet was GONE.
Gone, man!
GONE!
I was very, very perplexed and I tried to piece together what happened. As I scanned the room, I saw that the files from the school's cabinet were still in crates that I packed. I then opened said cabinet and inside there sat the files from MY cabinet!!!!
Seriously.
Someone emptied the files from MY filing cabinet into the school one and then
STOLE MY FILING CABINET!!!
And it was a good one too.
It was nice.
Like, really nice.
I mean, it really did tie the room together.
I blog about this only to preserve the feelings felt by The Dude Lebowski and me:
Fuckin' A, man.
 I loved that filing cabinet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment