Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dear Sweet, Sweet Maddox


Dear Sweet, Sweet Maddox,
When I told you for the first time in person how much I love you, I knew I would never be the same. 
  One of the reasons that you've stolen my heart is that I didn't expect to have you in my life. Your parents surprised us all with the news of you and I think we sort of forgot what it's like to have a little Jacobsen around. Your cousins are young men! They are incredible people that you will learn a lot from. Their kindness, purity of heart and dedication to be their best will inspire you.
 But now, here YOU are ready to make a mark on the world, inspiring them and the rest of us to be awesome.
 As your Aunt Kari, I have the honor and the privilege of loving you, spoiling you, and giving you the hope that you are NEVER alone. I also have the "Auntness" to  buy cute outfits like this to dress you up in! (To your 20 year old self, I am sorry!)
I'm also the Aunt that will think creating a Lion King moment with the whole family is hilarious and inspirational.

Speaking of family, your parents are incredible. They want the very, very best for you and will stop at nothing to make sure you know how loved you are. They are some of my best friends and my life is so much richer because of them. We are all going to have a lot of fun together over the next several years. 
 The time I spent with you in Colorado is a SMALL taste of how much love I have for you. I want you to know that I am ALWAYS going to be here for you. 
There will be miles between us, probably our whole lives, but no matter what happens or how much distance is between us, know that we are under the same moon, and know I love you more than I can promise.

Because of you, sweet Maddox, I am already a better person and I can't thank you enough for making my heart full and my life better. 


*A special thank you to Hannah Lesley Photography for the amazing pictures.
{Hers are the ones that don't look like they were from my phone. :)} 

No comments:

Post a Comment