Sunday, August 15, 2010

It continues...




So I can't get away from them. The miracles in the mundane are almost haunting me! Everywhere I go, I feel a sense of obligation to look beyond my own whining, boxed view, and ho-humness to view the miracles that are screaming at me.

I am not going to put a time-frame on what I find--instead I will post when the miracles take me to the places I need to be.

Like today. Today I needed to get out of my own head and recognize that all around me there is life and hope. There is healing and growth. There is love beyond measure and a sense of unconditional understanding that surpasses all understanding. All of this came to a head when I saw a landscaping company's name: Lifescape.

This metaphor has captured my philosophy of what we are doing here. We are planting our 'Lifescape' and cultivating a life that has the potential to be lived to the fullest.

The metaphor can be pushed even further.

Sometimes, despite our best efforts things we don't want a part of our Lifescape is. We can weed out as much as we can, but remnants of what we don't want remain.

We also have a lot of control as to what we want to plant and cultivate. Babies, or not. Pets, or not. Houses, or not. City life, or not. Staying in our careers, or not.


I have wrestled a lot with these issues and I have wondered if what I am doing with my life is creating any beauty or joy. I have compared my Lifescape with other people's and have really wondered what the hell I'm doing.

Then, today, I really realized that my Lifescape, the good and the bad, are all a part of me and franky, it's amazingly beautiful.

I now need to tend to this Lifescape of mine and bask in it's beauty.

Lifescape: The Miracle in the Mundane.








































1 comment:

  1. it's like i can breath again...kari's blogging!

    your lifescape is life giving.

    i'm living proof.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete