Monday, October 18, 2010

Autumn


It is sort of cliche. I get that. But I am in awe of autumn! It is my most favorite season and I have been pondering why. I came up with this: autumn=change. Change can be difficult. Most people don't really like change. But I have come to realize that change is inevitable. No matter what, things change. Sometimes for the good, sometimes not.


Autumn is a physical, tangible view of change. It happens somewhat gradually, and to me, it is truly magical. I feel like I savor every newly changing leaf and I monitor closely how the trees on my block are changing. I love it and I hate it. I know that the changing and falling leaves mean that the trees will be barren for many months, but I can't keep my eyes off the brilliant colors I see now.


I think autumn teaches me how to deal with change. It tells me that a.) it's going to happen and b.) that it can be beautiful if I look for it. The irony of all of this is I am a very 'stick to the routine' sorta gal. I don't like when things, well, when things change! But I have been through enough to know that nothing stays the same. I cling to what I can in the way of routine, but I must also embrace the changes that occur. Autumn teaches me this.


So thank you, autumn--my miracle in the mundane.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Kari! I am missing the changing leaves so much this year.

    ReplyDelete