Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4, 2011

It's my birthday!

I sorta love my birthday...I always have. I think it stems back to this one:



My fourth birthday was a winner. I mean, I have a snoopy cake and a double fisting of milk!

I am now 41 and I still love my birthday.

I am hanging out with dear friends all weekend and I couldn't be more excited. My amazing husband, Brian, has spoiled me and I get to see my parents and brother on Sunday. My kids at school are adorable and I have several homemade cards that proclaim I am their favorite teacher. I'll take it. :) My 5th period even threw me a "surprise" birthday party complete with blue Hawaiian Punch. Awesome.

But I wouldn't be here, this happy, this content, if it wasn't for you.

There is a Native American tradition where at any celebration the person being celebrated gives gifts to those around them because they wouldn't have gotten where they are if it wasn't for them. I love this philosophy. (I am an eighth Oglala Sioux, so I guess it makes sense...) If I had a million dollars I would buy you each a gift telling you THANK YOU for helping me become who I am. Please know that I will be celebrating who YOU are in my life today and know that I am so very grateful.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment