Saturday, December 3, 2011

These girls saved my life...


I sorta had my life flash before my eyes this morning. We had a volleyball game and our 8th grade team had to travel across town to get to the game. There were no buses so we had to caravan. It was snowing. Hard. And I had a good old fashioned panic attack that was linked to fear of all the "what ifs" of driving in the snow. I am usually just fine with driving, but there was an element of huge responsibility for other people's lives that just got to me!

Thankfully, the passengers in my car saved my life. I had 6 girls from Nepal riding with me to the game. I couldn't have asked for better passengers. We chatted about life in such a way that my nerves were eased and they made me recognize that fear isn't worth giving into. We talked about Christmas traditions, marriage, children, boys, American life. It was topped off by singing, at the top of our lungs, the Journey hit, "Don't Stop Believin'". As we battled the ridiculously icy roads, I saw a purity about life that helped me know that everything was going to be okay.

Thanks, girls. I'll travel, sing and chat with you about life anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment