Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweet, sweet Ginger

Our "Life on Madison" started by living next door to some amazing people. Kendra and her daughter Phoebe are phenomenal. They are kind, real, resilient, fun, interesting souls whom we adore.

Though I could blog on and on about Kendra and Phoebe, this post is dedicated their dog, Ginger. I just found out that Ginger is in Dog Heaven and I am profoundly sad.

Kendra, Phoebe and Ginger moved a few years ago, but we still consider them our neighbors and I have a special place in my heart for Ginger. She was my "test dog". See, I wasn't always a dog person. I had grown up with cats and I didn't have a lot of experience with dogs. Living next door to Ginger allowed me to see the love and loyalty that is a dog. From walks with her, dog-sitting and just having her around, I learned that dogs are pretty much awesome.

Pets are miracles in our lives. They give us a bit of comfort in this crazy world and I am so grateful for them. I am especially grateful for Ginger and all that she gave me.

Love to you sweet, sweet Ginger.
You will be missed. 
 xoxo  

No comments:

Post a Comment