Monday, March 26, 2012

#8: A picture of someone you lost touch with


This one from the list may be a bit controversial but I picked this because it's true.
I haven't lost touch with a someone, but a something:
Organized religion and church have not been a part of my life for almost 10 years.
I grew up going to church every single Sunday and most Wednesdays.
I was involved with Christian ministry for most of my adult life.
 I was a straight up church girl, for sure...

 There are many, many reasons why church is no longer a part of me and I am not
going to get into all of this here...
I do want to say, however,  that my spiritual roots and my spiritual journey are still in tact.
 I have a belief system in place.
But church and the what church means is not a part of who I am anymore and I am okay with that.








1 comment: