Friday, January 18, 2013

Expect a Miracle

My dear friend Cheryl gave me this sweet gift:
View photo.JPG in slide show
It's one month of daily inspirations that position you to "expect a miracle".
I am in desperate need to expand the view of my world. 
I am not in a place of expectation. 
I am in a place of 
doubt
uncertainly
cynicism
and fear.
I am feeling overwhelmed with national and world events that have 
brought tragedy to so many.
I am feeling overwhelmed in a thankless job.
I am feeling overwhelmed by questions of Faith.
I am feeling overwhelmed with a general feeling of being "stuck".
It feels hopeless. 

I know that I shouldn't get bogged down by everything...
 and I know this sounds like I am in a really awful place but I write about it because I also know that this is part of my process right now. 
This is part of my journey.
And it's okay to be in this place for a little bit.
But.
I must also remember that I need to utilize resources around me that will help me move on from this space and help me recognize reasons or patterns that bring me to these places.

I know that I have an amazing husband that is my everything
He is life-giving to me and I am clinging to this. 
I know that I have a family that supports me--every aspect of me.
I know that I have amazing friends who call me because they are thinking about me.
I have friends who let me cry. 
A lot.
I have friends who write blogs like this or this to remind me that I am not alone and that
I need to keep believing. 

I know that I need to position myself to a place of "expectation" and not write off goodness and kindness that comes my way.
I need to anticipate miracles in the mundane because that's all I can really count on.
And, they are there. 
They are. 
I just need to expect them and look for them.

Thankfully I have a little box of miracles to help me do this.
:)



2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you saw this quote on Live Inspired's page today, but I thought so much of you when I read it:
    "Face new challenges, seize new opportunities, test your resources against the unknown and in the process, discover your own unique potential."
    You've got it, friend!
    Hooray for little boxes of miracles . . . and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. You are one of the bravest people I know. I have no doubt that you will catch your fish! Can we have a happy hour to celebrate when you do? xoxo

    ReplyDelete