Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Husband is Better Than Yours



*Warning* 
This post is about a gushy, mushy unadulterated sappy love letter of sorts
from my husband--hence this post's snarky title. 
If you cannot handle sappy love, feel free to skip this post.


I got this email from my husband today:

I came across this and thought of you...This is exactly what you mean to me.
Know you are unequivocally loved by me.

You Mean The World To Me


In all our time together
You've come to mean so much to me
You are my best friend
My life and all my dreams
You give me hope when I’m all out

You are my pick-me-up
When I’m feeling down
You make me feel good about myself 
There will never be anyone else
For the rest of time

To love me like you do
And for me to love too
The way I love you 
You mean the world to me
You are my soul
my spirit
My everything

I know!!! RIGHT?!
{He told me later that he found this poem a while ago and saved it for the just right time...}
While on any given day I would be beyond grateful for this type of love letter from my husband, today it hits a little deeper. Here is my response to him:

BABE! You just made me cry--in a good way! I haven't cried in a good way in a very long time! I'm tangled up right now. I'm overwhelmed. I'm depressed. So to know this kind of love from you--you my best friend, my hope, my heart--makes me more than grateful. I find life again in you. I see purpose and I know love. This gift is irreplaceable and I am beyond lucky in love... 24/7, baby! More than I can promise! xoxox
I've been struggling lately. It's mostly work related, 
but I've let it affect me in all areas of my life. 
So to know, to really, really know that I am loved by Brian-- beyond measure--
 gives me hope and purpose and life. 
I highly recommend telling someone how much you love them--especially if they are struggling right now. 
{Maybe write a love letter? Maybe include a sappy poem?}
It will mean the world to them, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you guys are the best! <3 Love it! I hope you will feel better soon, Kari! Sending you lots of love! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete