Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Thanks, Universe

I just got this email from a former student and guys, it is pretty much the single best email I have ever received.  

Hi miss Laniel, I am just emailing you to thank you for turning me in the right direction. I just got accepted to CSU. I do not think I would even have this opportunity if it wasn’t for you so thank you for caring about me so much. I hope all is well.  

For a teacher, this is a textbook example of thinking you are not making any sort of difference in a person's life and boom! Five years later, there it is...a fruit of my labor. I feel very lucky that he sent this to me at this time. I needed the Universe to get me to year 12 of teaching, and this little email is doing the trick.

 This also inspires me to reach out to those who have helped me turn "in the right direction"...
Maybe it will inspire you to do the same. 
My grandma's peonies also remind me that the Universe offers inspiration when we look for it. 
Thanks, Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment