Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Recognizing the Magic

Our kitchen chalkboard holds the inspiration for our month. August isn't my favorite, for many reasons, but I know that if I look, magic is all around. 
{Written 6 years ago, you can read this or this if you want to deep dive into my disdain for August 
(besides the heat and the end of summer)...}

Magic is the unknown finding its way to a place of recognition and sometimes inspiration. This is both exhilarating and a bit scary. The unknown can be overwhelming but the excitement, that's tangible and electric, is unique to beginnings. If you think about the beginning of anything new, a new job, a new relationship, a new transition like a move or a new home, these feelings take over your senses and this is the magic I am trying to harness.

For me, as I start year 12 of teaching, my goal is to trust the magic of this new school year. The kids, the staff, the rhythm, and all of the craziness holds magic--the overwhelming parts and the exciting parts and I want to embrace it all. 

For Brian, he is transitioning to being a full-time student. He has worked for the same company for 16 years and they are downsizing. Before he searches for a new job he will have the opportunity to finish his finance degree by going to school full time. He will be taking 12 classes over the next school year. YIKES! This will be new for all of us! 

But as these new beginnings unfold we will be reminding each other to recognize and trust the magic that is all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment