Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shana Gingerich Puckett


There are few miracles as precious as friendship. I know this sounds a bit like a Hallmark card, but truly, when you are friends with someone for 21+ years, it is a miracle that is hard to match. Shana Gingerich Puckett is my best friend of 21+ years. We met our freshman year of college and we haven’t been out of touch since.

The dictionary does not hold enough words for me to describe how Shana has influenced my life and how she has inspired me to be who I am. She is someone that I cherish and adore. She is a part of my soul. She allows me to be myself in a way that is unmatched.

When you meet someone at 18 years old, you never really know what you are going to get. The amount of flakiness and lack of maturity can really be a blinder. But Shana was different. She showed me her heart at 18 and we have been growing with all of our hills and valleys ever since.

What a privilege to have Shana in my life. Her wisdom, wit, beauty, no-nonsense advice, humor, openness, self awareness, listening ear, kind heart, open spirit, level headedness, fierce love for those around her, loyalty to her beliefs, and the safety she provides me to be myself blesses me beyond words. She is a gift I cherish and I know I would be lost without her. Shana is a dork, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love you so much my precious friend...know that we are in this for life. xoxo

My Miracle in the Mundane: Shana Gingerich Puckett—40 and fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment