Thursday, January 6, 2011

E-mails from my husband in the middle of the day...

To quote my friend Hannah, "Teaching is hard. Like, really, really hard". I know that I chose this career, I know that I can handle most things...but today, teaching was like, really, really hard.

So.

Getting an email like this from my husband in the middle of my day is pretty much priceless:

A feelin' in my soul I'd never felt before... mmm...
And you always told me
No matter how long it holds me if it falls apart
Or makes us millionaires
You'll be right here forever
We'll go thru this thing together
And on heaven's golden shore we'll lay our heads
Lovin’ you; Lovin’ life together!

BKL


These are the song lyrics from "Golden" by My Morning Jacket. We had these words quoted in a toast at our wedding from my brother. We also saw MMJ live at Red Rocks. It is in our top 5 shows of all time.

So, for Brian to send me these lyrics, today of all days of being a teacher, is truly a miracle in the mundane.


So, this is a picture from the MMJ concert we were at. If you look closely, you can see Brian's head! He is just left of center 2 rows up in the light grey t-shirt in between the two guys looking at the camera in black.

I know. We're famous now. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment