Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Damn you, Oprah!



I've been hot and cold with Oprah. I love her, and I hate her. I love how she honors people's stories and attempts to bridge life experiences to a bigger picture of life, yet I hate how she flies to CA to get her eyebrows done. I'm not totally sure why this bothers me so much. Maybe it’s simply because I am jealous. I wish I could have millions of dollars to not only better myself, but help the world. (Her work in Africa is pure inspiration.) I know that she has worked super hard and has gone through a lot to get where she is. I get that. But something about the "Church of Oprah" bothers me...

But here's the miracle. Today is the last day of Oprah and I decided to watch it. I was so curious as to how a superstar like Oprah ends a 25 year old show. And then I found out. She used the show to, in a sense, teach and preach about being our true selves. Her platform is BE YOU. Her passion is about people finding and regaining hope, courage, and heart. She shared stories of people she has met and of how she finds hope in people like me. And you.

So, damn you Oprah! You have done it again. You have inspired even a doubter like me to live my best life. Thanks for all you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment