Wednesday, April 25, 2012

#29: A picture of something that moves too fast


Well folks, this is it. This is the last installment from my finding inspiration list.
Thank you for indulging me on this journey of stories, epiphanies and self revelations.
For this one,  something that goes too fast is life itself.
 I think I started blogging because of this. Blogging allows me to pause and ponder things that seem simple, but often prove to be profound. My friend Hannah encouraged me to get on this road because I was feeling anxious about waiting and by staying in that place of anxiety; I was missing the miracles that were right in front of me.
{Check out one of my first blog posts about this!}

Hannah's blog, and others like it, teaches me to appreciate {and document!} the things in life
that we might take for granted. Things like
the I love you's,
the cherished time with friends and family,
celebrations, 
things that are pretty,
struggles,
the joy in preparing a well cooked meal,
or even the occasional mishap in the kitchen...

When we stop and appreciate these sorts of things, we not only learn about ourselves but we encourage others to slow down and relish this crazy thing called life.
My intention for this blog is to get back on the path of seeing these miracles because they are what motivate me to face challenges and embrace what matters.
I guess it comes down to the wise words of Ferris Bueller:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

2 comments:

  1. I have thoroughly enjoyed your list! Can't wait to see what new Miracles in the Mundane you find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord for blogs and amazing friends you would call at 3 a.m.! Love you!

    ReplyDelete