Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 15, 1984

I just need to blog this out.
I Instagramed and Facebooked{Are these really verbs??} about this, but to stay true to my
Miracles in the Mundane philosophy, I have to blog it out...
My dad is the very best dad in the Universe.
There are many, many reasons why this is true, but one of them is that he sends real mail, often.
I love getting mail from him.
{We onlylive 35 miles away from each other, mind you!}
He sends newspaper clippings from the Ortonville newspaper {Where the CABIN! is} he sends news reports from the sports pages and sometimes just writes notes that say "Howdy."
Today, I received an envelope with this on the outside of it:
Oct 15 1984
Bronco snow day--17-14 BRONCS
Kari and Stan were there!!

{BTW, I was 13 (almost 14) at the date of this game...!}

This is amazing for so many reasons.
First, the contents of the envelope had nothing to do with the BRONCS!...My dad must have had a random  memory hit him as he sent off the envelope. To see this memory in my dad's handwriting is so, so precious. It brings tears to my eyes to know that he cherishes our times together as much as I do. I know I am sentimental, and I know that I hold memories in a freakishly close way, but to see this from my dad, just means so much.
*sigh*
I don't think my words {or picture} capture what my heart feels...but know that this Miracle in the Mundane is not being taken lightly. It is sitting deep, deep in my heart and it will never leave me.


3 comments:

  1. this is so sweet, Kari! you dad's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Kari! You and your Dad look so awesome together! I love my Dad too!

    ReplyDelete