Friday, August 9, 2013

Stupid India.

Brian is going to be in India for a *little* shy of 6 weeks.
SIX WEEKS.
Ugh. 
He is going for work and while I support him in ALL that he does and I know that his work in India is really important and he is perfect for the job, 
 I think India is a pretty stupid place. 
For one thing Mumbai is 8,387 miles away. 
I mean, come on. That's a little ridiculous.
For another thing it's happening during my least favorite month of the year. 
August will be extra, extra long now. 
Awesome.
I am also starting a brand new job and it stresses me out that I will be by
 myself through this transition. 
I know that's a bit dramatic and I know that I won't be alone, alone.
I have amazing friends and family who are surrounding me during this time 
and I am so, so grateful. 
I guess it's just that we aren't used to distance in our relationship. Brian's job does not usually require travel, so we are rarely apart. 
{HUGE shout out to those families that deal with traveling spouses on a regular basis. 
You are true Saints!!!}
I am mostly dreading the lack of natural daily interaction.
He is my best friend and we do everything together.
We have a damn good routine down and I love it. 
I thrive because of it. 
*sigh*
At the end of the day, I know we'll be fine.
It might even open up a new level of confidence in me and a
 growth spurt for us that will make our relationship even stronger. 
{Great optimistic spin, eh??}
But, in the meantime, I think India is stupid and I am counting down the days
 until we can look like this again:

2 comments:

  1. I can understand how you feel about India right now! I am sorry that you have to be apart for six weeks! But I am sure it will be a great experience for him and that you will get through this and become even stronger (if that's possible). I am thinking of you, friend!

    ReplyDelete