Thursday, May 24, 2018

We're 10!!!!!!!!!

We are celebrating 10 years of marriage today!
TEN YEARS!!!
Our wedding day was perfect; I mean it. There is nothing I would change.
{See for yourself in this post.
When reflecting on the 10 years since that magical day, I can truly say that our marriage is pure joy and I absolutely feel like I am in love with my best friend.
We probably say "I love our life" 3 times a week, minimum.
We truly love being with each other every second we can be.
We embrace each other's rough spots and happy places.
We say "please" and "thank you" and mean it.
We work through arguments with respect, patience and the use of our Etch-a-Sketch.
We laugh together, a lot.
We are obsessed with our pets. {Okay, maybe I am the obsessive one...but Brian is the best dad!}
We talk about everything and we don't don't hold any secrets from each other.
We.
Are.
Happy.
I need to steal a poem written by Ulysses the Super Squirrel {AKA Kate DiCamillo in her magical book, Flora and Ulysses--please read this book!} to capture how I feel on this 10- year marker of our life together. I am only changing the title; instead of "Words for Flora", these are my "Words for Brian" because never have the 26 letters of the alphabet been so perfectly organized to capture how I feel about this man.
He's truly my everything.
Words for Flora Brian

Nothing
would be
easier without
you,
because you
are
everything,
all of it--
sprinkles, quarks, giant
donuts, eggs sunny-side-up--
you
are the ever-expanding
Universe
to me.
Happy decade of love, my love!
Growing old with you is my most favorite thing.
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment