Monday, June 25, 2018

Loving You, Always, Chris Jones!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, 
but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~ Maya Angelou
Thank you, Chris Jones, for being the mainstay person in my life that makes me feel 
seen
heard
important
right:)
funny
accepted
and above all,
loved--and loved fully. 

You are the friend in my life who knows EvERyTHinG about me.
You are my constant that knows my past, present and will be a part of my future. 
Neither of us have a biological sister, and from day one of knowing you, I have felt a sisterhood with you that is most certainly a part of my molecules. 

Thank you for being my friend who just gets it. 
We have lamented over the "Why's" of the unjust world we live in. 
We have cried many, many tears--for each other's heartbreak and for the
 heartbreak of those lamented "Why's".
We have laughed enough laughs to fill an ocean. 
We have sat together in silence, holding each other in sacred spaces. 
We have also witnessed the BRONCS! stomping cry-baby Brady and the Patrio-cheats in the 2015 AFC Conference Championship game at Mile High. {!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

You were the person that was with me in my deepest pit of despair reminding me that Love is is a verb. During this time, you were the person that introduced me to using the present participle "ing" to the word Love because it makes it a verb of movement--a continuous verb. Saying  "Loving You" is stronger than just "Love you", because it is always in motion and it's always there; always present.  

I celebrate you today, on your 50th birthday, 
{Is this a good time to remind you that I will always be younger than you?} 
and wish you nothing but peace and happiness as we make our way to our retirement plan of living together on a beach, drinking from our margarita fountain, reading books, and laughing til we fall out of our rocking chairs. 

Loving you, always, Chris Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment