Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A little post about a big part of my heart

Summertime means I get to spend almost every waking minute with this sweet, perfect face. 
Baxter gives me such joy. There is something about how he knows me that is comforting and unmatched. Part of me worries that I love him too much, but then I read this and it all makes sense:

What began as a mutual-services contract between two very different species became something much more like love. None of that makes a lick of sense, but it doesn’t have to. Love rarely touches the reasoning parts of the brain. It touches the dreamy parts, the devoted parts—it touches the parts we sometimes call the heart. For many thousands of years, it’s there that our dogs have lived.

Dogs just get it and they most definitely take up that sacred space in our hearts. My life is so much better because of Baxter. He is my stable companion and I don't know what I would do without him. He is my Miracle in the Mundane and he is a big, big part of my heart, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment