Saturday, September 29, 2018

Live With Unlimited Dedication

His Unlimited Dedication knew no boundaries. 
He humbly loved, spoke, acted, lived. 

His fierce loyalty  
for his family
for his friends
for his Broncos
for his Buffs
for the cabin 
for his work
...
is unmatched.

His legacy can't be bound. 
His light can't be extinguished. 
His spirit dances.

Because of him we were changed and inspired to live life with more intention.
 We learned that fully embracing all life gives us is the only way
to live.
We learned that humility is priceless. 
We learned that generosity is immeasurable. 
We learned to love--
 fully, wholly, sacrificially. 

We learned this because
his Unlimited Dedication
knew
no 
boundaries.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is dedicated to my cousin, Phil.
His influence on my life was quiet and infrequent; but powerful and present. 
{It's truly so difficult to explain...}
The evil, that is ALS, took him from us way too soon, but his influence on so many people is unending. This little poem has been ruminating in me since his memorial service in July, and then last night we got to witness thousands of people meet him for the first time at a CU game where ALS awareness was highlighted and Phil was honored.

And in those moments, where strangers and family became one, I knew that I needed to try to put words to my feelings. I knew it because last night, he was with us and he was telling us to live with
Unlimited Dedication.
~~~~~~~~~~

If you are looking for a way to give charitably, please consider donating to this ALS association.


2 comments:

  1. My Darling Kari....You know I'm not on Social Media very much, and I don't check up on all of this very often...came across this today and cried! You are such a beautiful writer and put into words how we all feel but don't have the words to express as loving and eloquent as you just did! So very grateful for you, our family and the Unlimited Dedication we all have for one another...we are truly blessed! And I love you! Thank you my sweet! D

    ReplyDelete