Thursday, February 2, 2012

Belmont "Bella Boo" Jacobsen-Laniel

This is my sweet Bella Boo.
I got Bella shortly after I moved to Denver and she lived with me, my friend Nancy and Birney in our awesome apartment the Belmont-Buckingham. (Yes, we named her Belmont after the apartment's name.)

Our sweet little Bella was only about 6 pounds in her prime and all she did was sleep, purr and beg for treats. She had a meow that sounded a bit like a mack truck--gravelly and loud.
Unfortunately, our little Bella wasn't healthy. She was in a lot of pain due to her messed up digestive system.  Last November, Brian and I had to make the ridiculously difficult decision to have her finish her life in Cat Heaven.
Yes. It's taken me 3 months to post this blog.
I was mildly devastated.
Bella was definitely my cat. She really only responded to me and she didn't hide that other people sorta pissed her off. :)
My brother gave me a book called Cat Heaven by Cynthia Rylant and there is a page in the book that fits my image of where Bella is right now. She is at top of God's bed, right by his pillow, purring and sleeping peacefully.
I think about Bella every day. She had her quirks, but she was mine and I miss her so very much.
xoxo my sweet Bella Boo.

2 comments:

  1. Kari. I had no idea about Bella. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard this has been for you. Your remarkable bond with Bella will never be broken, though!

    ReplyDelete