Sunday, March 18, 2012

#14: A picture of you in costume

I've been a little worried about this one from the list for a few reasons.
First, I was never really a Halloween girl. For one, we didn't really celebrate it when I was a kid so it wasn't build into my traditions. I also scare easily, so having a whole day focused on scary things isn't really me. :)
Second, I feel kind of silly in costumes. It's strange to not feel like myself when I'm dressed up as someone else. (I can see the draw of this, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable.)
Third, I don't have any good pictures of me in costume.

But then I came across this and decided it counts as a costume of sorts:
Being in this "costume" was the happiest I've ever been.
 I married my best friend and I felt like a princess.
And even though I was in a costume, I felt like myself because I knew my life, and my new beginning with Brian, was exactly where I was supposed to be
and that felt really great.

Read more about our story here.

2 comments: