Friday, March 16, 2012

#20: A picture of your personal sanctuary, or the place you go to clear your head

Behold the most perfect place on Earth:
 I've been excited to write about this one from the list because
I very much cherish spaces where I can 
just be
This space  has all my favorite things: trees, water, more trees, wild flowers, rocks, dirt roads and lots of memories of my childhood. This little slice of heaven is a part of the land my childhood house was on and I spent endless hours here. I'm so lucky that no new houses, or anything else, 
have contaminated my space where I can come and
just be.

But since this place is about 45 minutes from my house, I have adopted a tree I named Eloise as my next best place to clear my head.
I get to see her almost every day as she is one block from my house. She is a 100 year old English Oak and she's magnificent. By just looking up at her branches or touching her trunk, I gain peace.

I have blogged about these spaces before. Once highlighting Eloise, and one on my just be place, so I won't repeat all the mushy details here. 

I guess all you need to know is that I am truly grateful to have some space to think, create, relax, contemplate, breathe and
just be.

I truly hope you have a personal sanctuary and a place you go to
just be.
If you do, and you want to share, please leave a comment below! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love when your Juli Baker voice comes out in your writing! Some day I want to visit your trees!

    ReplyDelete