Wednesday, March 14, 2012

#6: A picture you took indoors

What I like about this challenge is that every picture tells a story.
This weekend, while at my parents house, I realized that I have a lifetime of stories on our family picture wall.  My parents don't live in the house I grew up in.
In fact, we moved a lot, so really, there are several houses that hold my childhood memories.

One thing my mom has done in every house we lived in was to have a wall dedicated to our family pictures. This was often the first decoration put up in our house and it was always something I remember looking at with awe and wonder.

I am so grateful that my mom gave our family this space to tell  stories about who I am, where I came from  and what it means to be a part of a family.

Marriages, achievements and daily life is captured here.
There weren't always group shots. My mom made sure to highlight each of us in our own special way... note the rainbow/profile miracle picture of me and a glamour shot!
 (Top picture with the red shirt and LOTS of hair!)
 I love how my roots are captured here...great grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...
it's priceless.
I remember staring at these pictures convinced I was adopted...
hmmm.

This wall, dedicated to telling stories, is precious to me and I cherish it deeply.




 



1 comment:

  1. Don't be surprised if I steal that glamour shot photo at the shower:)

    ReplyDelete